VW CEO claims ex-Seat head in talks with Renault

Thursday, 23. January 2020 12:48

Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess (pictured) stated on Thursday that former Seat brand head Luca de Meo told the company he was leaving because he was in talks with Renault for a position at the French automaker.

Speaking to CNBC in Davos, Diess said De Meo did "a great gob" at Volkswagen which included a significant improvement in Seat sales over his four years at the helm of the brand.

Last week, Renault chairman Jean-Dominique Senard said the company was not in a hurry to find a permanent replacement while French Economy and Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire stated he expects the appointment to be made in days. Renault has been on a search for a long-term CEO ever since it forced former Mitsubishi-Nissan-Renault head Carlos Ghosn to quit after facing criminal charges in Japan.

Related Links: Volkswagen AGRenault S.A.
Author:
Breaking the News / VP