MbS, Moon plan defense boost upon Aramco attack

Wednesday, 18. September 2019 08:16

South Korea and Saudi Arabia will improve cooperation in the fight against terrorism, the Blue House in Seoul said on Wednesday. The executive office of President Moon Jae-in said he told the kingdom's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in a phone call that the attack on Saudi Arabian Oil Co.'s core facilities last week endangers the East Asian country as well as the entire world and stressed the need for international action.

The statement adds King Salman's son, who is also the first deputy prime minister and the minister of defense, asked for South Korea's assistance in strengthening the domestic anti-aircraft systems. Moon underscored his counterpart's country covers almost 30% of oil imports. South Korea received 323 million barrels of crude last year from Saudi Arabia and its monopoly, also known as Aramco.

The crown prince claimed the production of the commodity would be restored fully within ten days after halving in the wake of the attack, according to the readout.

Related Links: 
Author:
Breaking the News / IT