Regency Centers Announces Tax Information for 2021 Distributions

Friday, 21. January 2022 14:00

JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Regency Centers Corporation (The “Company”) (Nasdaq:REG) today announced the federal income tax treatment of its 2021 distributions to holders of its common stock.

Regency Centers Corporation Common Stock: Symbol REG CUSIP #: 758849103

Record DatePayable DateTotal Distribution Per ShareDistribution Allocated to 2021Total Ordinary DividendsQualified Dividends (Included in Total Ordinary Div)Section 199A Dividends(1)Total Capital Gain Distribution(2)Unrecapt
Section 1250
(Included in
Total Capital Gain Distribution)
Section 897 Ordinary DividendsSection 897 Capital GainNontaxable Distributions
TOTALS $3.00500$2.52700$2.32480$0.02540$2.29940$0.20220$0.07600$0.05050$0.10110$0.00000

(1)   This amount represents dividends eligible for the 20% qualified business income deduction under Section 199A, and is included in Ordinary Dividends.

(2)   Of the Total Capital Gain Distribution, 42% is excluded under Reg. 1.1061-4(b)(7). The remaining 58% is a Three Year Amount under Reg. 1.1061-6(c).

Please note, of the $0.5950 per share dividend declared for holders of record on December 16, 2020 and paid on January 5, 2021, $0.4050 was reported for income tax purposes in 2020 with the remaining $0.1900 reported above.

Of the $0.6250 per share dividend declared for holders of record on December 16, 2021 and paid on January 5, 2022, $0.5520 is reported for income tax purposes in 2021 with the remaining $0.0730 to be reported in 2022.

This information is being provided to assist shareholders with tax reporting related to distributions made by the Company. Taxability of 2021 distributions is not necessarily indicative of taxability of future distributions. The tax information provided herein should not be construed as tax advice or relied upon as such, and shareholders are encouraged to consult with their tax advisors as to their specific tax treatment of the Company's distributions.

About Regency Centers Corporation (Nasdaq:REG)

Regency Centers is the preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers located in suburban trade areas with compelling demographics. Our portfolio includes thriving properties merchandised with highly productive grocers, restaurants, service providers, and best-in-class retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-administered, self-managed, and an S&P 500 Index member. For more information, please visit

Christy McElroy
904 598 7616

Primary Logo

Related Links: Regency Centers Corporation
Copyright GlobeNewswire, Inc. 2016. All rights reserved.
You can register yourself on the website to receive press releases directly via e-mail to your own e-mail account.